- Thank you for your lovely letter.
- Many thanks for your letter.
- Thanks for writing.
- It was good to hear from you.
- Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been very busy.
- Sorry for taking so long to reply. I have been revising for my exams.
- I’m sorry I haven’t written for ages, but I’ve been busy studying and haven’t had the time.
SIGNALLING: "THE END IS NEAR"
- Well, that’s all my news for now.
- It’s getting late, so I’d better stop now.
- I’d better stop now. It’s past midnight and I have an exam tomorrow.
- I’d better finish – I’m running out of space.
- My mom is calling for dinner so that’s enough for today
- I have to finish my home works so I am dropping my pen
- My favourate movie is there on tv tonight so it’s time to drop my pen
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I can hardly wait to meet you.
- Please write again soon.
- Please keep in touch.
- Give my regards to …
- Hope to hear from you soon.
- Awaiting an early reply .
- Inform my regards to Sam
Don’t forget to inform my updating to Aunt and uncle.
· By the way . . .
· To tell you the truth . . .
· I must tell you about . . .
· Right now I’m . . .
· You will never believe it but . . .
· I hope that . . .
· To be honest . . .
· I imagine that . . .
· I should have told you that . .
· I have been looking forward to . . .
· I am looking forward to . . .
· I am worried about . . .
· I was looking forward to . . .
· I expect that . . .
· I think that . . .
· As it happened . . .
· I didn’t expect . . .
· I don’t expect . .
· In truth . . .
· The best bit is . . .
· The worst part is . . .
· Worst of all . . .
· Best of all . . .
· You’ll never guess what happened?
· You know what?
· Do you know what?
· Can you imagine it?
· Have you ever . . ?
· Do you think that . . ?
· Don’t you think that . .?
· Isn’t it time to . . ?
· Have you ever thought about . . ?
! – Exclamation Mark (Wonder )
. – Full stop (Sentence Completion)
, - Coma (Line break)
: - colon
; - Semicolon
‘’- Single Inverter coma (give imp)
“” – double inverter coma(quote)
? – interrogation Mark (Question mark)