August 18, 2013

Sample Formal Letter

Dear Sir,

I am writing to inform you that during my stay in your hotel last week I fortunately misplaced an important personal item.

I was staying in Room1042, having a great time, when I decided to buy something for my grandmother. I looked in all the shops trying to find something for her. The selection was marvelous, but I wanted something memorable. In the end I found a unique photo album, the shape of dolphins, she happens to adore them. Another customer wanted to buy it and since it was the last one, I convinced him to leave it for me.

On walking back to my room I stopped at the Oasis Pool to meet a friend of mine. Then I went to pack and completely forgot about the present I had bought. It was not until I unpacked my bag at home this morning that I realized I must have left it at the pool.
Although it is inexpensive, it is of special value to me and would make an old lady happy. It may be in the lost property office as one of your staff may have found it.
If so, I should be grateful if you would forward it to the above address.Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
s/d

David Abraham

No comments:

Post a Comment