August 18, 2013

Letter Writing – Formal (Important Terms)



Openings
·        I would like to inform you that . . .
·        It has come to my attention that . . .
·        I am grateful to you for . . .
·        I wish to . . .
·        I wish to express . . .
·        I would like to . . .
·        Thank you for . . .
·        It is with much pride that I can confirm that  . . .
·        It is with regret that . . .
·        I am delighted to inform you that . . .
·        I write to you because . . .
Useful expressions
·        Please accept my . . .
·        I hope that . . .
·        I trust that . . .
·        It concerns me that . . .
·        I wonder if you would be kind enough to . . .
·        I would be grateful if . . .
·        It would be helpful if . . .
·        I wonder if . . .
·        As I see it . . .
·        I would rather not . . .
·        I appreciate that . . .

·        It is for this reason that  . . .
 Closing remarks
·         I look forward to hearing from you in due course
·         An early response would be greatly appreciated
·         I trust that this is all in order
·         Thank you once again for . . .
·         Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
·         Please be kind enough to consider my suggesion
·         I will be greatful if take a favourable decision

No comments:

Post a Comment